Previous Episode (SKILLS Talk – Episode 1: WHY PEOPLE FEAR TO DO BLEACH?)
SKILLS Talk – Episode 2 “THE KERATIN HAIR TREATMENT IS NOT FOR STRAIGHTENING”
In this episode our Senior Barber @barber.mo talks about the common misconception of the Keratin Hair Treatment, what is the Keratin Treatment? and does it really straighten the Hair? Let’s find out!
Keratin Protein found in Hair Strands, skin and in our Nails
Keratin is a natural type of protein found in your skin, hair, and nails. This protein forms fibers that make it strong. It acts as an external protective and internal structural protein to protect your hair and keep them healthy.
Due to exposure to external factors like the sun (Most especially here in the Middle East), chemicals from your styling products, or changes in your lifestyle, the keratin which is present in the hair gets depleted. This loss is the result that leads to dry, damaged, and dull hair.
Unhealthy and Damaged Hair
As mentioned above, The Keratin Hair Treatment doesn’t have the purpose of having your hair straight. The reason why you think like that is because of the process of doing the Keratin as it involves using the blow-dry to remove the moisture and the main reason is the flat-iron that helps seal the solution upon application.
Applying the Keratin Treatment and then Iron-ing it to seal the solution.
The benefits of having the Keratin Hair Treatment is it makes the hair more manageable, making it look healthier, it saves you a lot of time in styling your hair as well as using the blow-dry and using less hair product.
If you are planning or interested to do your Keratin Hair Treatment in the future make sure to do the following tips and advice for your safety.
Doing the Hair Consultation is Very Important before you do any Hair Treatment/Coloring Procedure
- Find a professional who has a good background in doing the Keratin Hair Treatment.
- Check the product that they are using and avoid if Formaldehyde is found, ask if they have any alternative, or find another salon that has Formaldehyde-free Keratin Hair Treatment.
- Make sure to do a consultation first if your scalp or hair is capable of the Treatment.
- Inform your stylist about all your past history in the last few months and if you did any hair straightening/relaxing as this could affect the results during the process.
- Make sure to follow the advice of your stylist after doing the Keratin Hair Treatment in order to prolong and maintain the effects of the Treatment.
- Make sure to only use the home care products advised by the stylist for your hair maintenance.
If you got it right, Then Enjoy your new and revitalized Hair 🙂
That’s it for this episode, I hope you guys learned a lot about the Keratin Hair Treatment.
Leave a comment down below if you have any questions.
See you in the next episode.
Watch the Full Video:
SKILLS Barbershop is located in the Business Bay area in Dubai, at Clover Bay Tower, and is run by the Celebrity Barber, Mohamad Mir Ebrahim aka Barber Mo. With over 20 years of grooming experience, he has served a lot of celebrities, including from his list are Will Smith, Jay-Z, Diego Maradona, Sergi Constance, Kid Ink, P Money, MIMS, OB Obrien, Local and International DJ’s as well as some notable International athletes and personalities.